December 08, 2008

A yummy recipe!

I made this recipe up for the most part and I thought it was really good!!! Thame loved it...he was licking the pan after we ate haha!

Chicken with a creamy mustard sauce:

-Chicken breasts or tenders (however much you think you need...I used 6 tenders)
-spicy brown mustard (3 tbsp)
-garlic (1 tsp.)
-onion (yellow or white)- (1/2 cup)
-heavy cream-( 1/2 cup)
-white wine- a splash
-salt/pepper
-olive oil (2 tbsp)
-butter (1 tbsp)

*Season chicken breast with salt and pepper on both sides. Add olive oil and butter to a skillet. Add the chicken and cook till golden brown on each side. Remove the chicken and keep warm.
*Add onion and garlic to the same skillet and saute quickly.
*Add the splash of wine and boil quickly to thicken and reduce. (1 or 2 min)
*Add cream and mustard and stir together.
*replace the chicken in the skillet and cover with sauce and let it simmer for a few minutes.
*serve and eat!

It was super easy and really really yummy! Enjoy and let me know what you think if you make it!

**Michelle...hope you enjoyed the elf yourself I did of y'all...Thame told me what Garrett thought so I put him in one!

No comments: