December 13, 2008

It's officially Christmas break!!

I'm so relieved this semester is over! I'm officially done with my undergraduate classes at UAB...it's so crazy!! Now its on to my internship next semester and then GRADUATION!!!! I cannot believe it...4 years goes by really fast! I got my student teaching placement today and I am so happy with it! I was afraid that I would get place in an inner city school again because my area code is Birmingham city...which is weird cause where I live is actually considered Homewood, BUT I DIDN'T!! I will be teaching 3rd grade at Rocky Ridge Elementary School in Hoover! I am sooooo excited! I was hoping I would get 3rd grade because I hear a lot of good things about that grade, so I got lucky. Rocky Ridge is a really nice school too...it's very diverse though so hopefully all of my students speak English! Anyway, I'm excited about it so i'll update more on that when I get there!

In other news...I got a nanny job! I will be keeping a little girl named Bayona (weird huh?) Monday through Friday...i'm taking her to daycare in the morning and pick her up when I get out of school and keep her till 6 or so. I'm really excited about it...I babysit her every now and then now so I already know the family and they are great. Both of the parents are residents at Childrens Hospital. She is 18 months old and cute as can be!

Hope all is well!

No comments: