October 10, 2008

Only 154 more days till I graduate...

This was a long week!! I had 3 midterms, 2 on back to back! Blah! SOOO sick of school! I am done with all but one of my classes now, though, until end of November! Yay! I am officially in the teaching phase of this semester. I am at Avondale Elementary all day Tuesday through Thursday, picking up a lesson each week until I teach all day by myself! I'm nervous!!!!! Did I mention it is inner-city? I just have to keep telling myself that these are the kids that need me most! They are sweet, though. I am in a first grade classroom and I have 18 students! Tuesday I start teaching math...Mr. Kevin, you may be getting some phone calls!!!! I'm also tutoring with a program called Better Basics in another inner-city school. It is the saddest looking place ever, the building is falling apart...the kids are in 4th grade and are on a 1st grade reading level. It is sad. Anyway, I am ready for school to be over!

This weekend will consist of studying for the Comps. I take the comprehensive exam next Friday, which a test that covers every single education class I have ever taken at UAB. I have to pass it to student teach in the spring, so it is like really important. We have 3 hours to answer 3 questions that each have to be at least 8-10 pages. That is like 30 pages of writing in 3 hours in case you didn't catch that. It takes me like 3 days to write a 4 page paper and I have 3 hours to write 30 pages!!! WHAT were they thinking! And giving this to us right after midterms?????! UAB School of Ed. needs to rethink their whole program. It is so unorganized! Well, keep me in your thoughts and wish me luck!

Love you all!


1 comment:

Erica said...

I will bethinking about you! You will do fine, I know it! We are so proud of you and we love you! Good luck!!!