October 17, 2008

24 pages later...

And I am done with Comps!!!! I am sore from writing so much, haha! I had to write 3 essays in 3 hours with no breaks. I should get my results back in about 2 weeks or so and if I need to retake any part of it I can in November. The retake rate is as high as 60% so they evidently are very picky in their grading policy. I feel very confident on two of my essays and then the last one I wrote I am okay with...hopefully they are all good enough and I won't have to do it again. The good thing is I only have to retake the parts that I did not pass. Anyways, I will let y'all know when I get the results back! If you ever want to know about my personal teaching philosophy, lesson planning, or a comprehensive reading program I am sure I can help you :)

I also started my full days at the school this week. Let me tell you...it was a LONG week. I taught my first math lesson Thursday. It went well, I just introduced the lesson and then broke them into learning centers and worked one-on-one with small groups. I enjoyed it and the kids seemed to get what I was teaching, so that's good! I confused myself at one part during my whole group lesson and I was just like..."yeah ignore that.." ha I felt stupid. I'm really enjoying it, I have an excellent teacher that I am with and a great class...especially to be inner-city. I'm still trying to remember the kids names...I have a Kentaveyon, Keyonteze, Kenneth, Kamryn, Kendall, Aerial, Aislynn, Ashley, Aleycia, Antonio, Darrell, Damien, Jamayah, Jakeria, Jaleel, Teresa, and little man Tyler. WOAH! They get confusing...especially the first 2. They are too cute, though. I'm gonna get a picture with them soon and i'll post it.

Not a whole lot going on this weekend...sad the Chavers family isn't coming to visit anymore :( I cannot believe my little man Fisher is 6 weeks old already!! I cannot wait to see him next weekend!!!!!! And the beautiful Kendall is already like 8 months old!! Ahh time is going by too fast! Oh, i'm coming home next weekend! I'm taking Lexie to the Woofstock thing going on downtown in her Halloween t-shirt haha! But yeah I am just laying low this weekend...it's Homecoming, but UAB is doing terrible in football, so I almost don't even want to go to the game tomorrow...we will see! I have to babysit on Sunday, but other than that I will just enjoy my weekend! I need to get back to my workout...I have slacked all week because of comps!

OH and Thame had his interview with UABSOM (UAB School of Medicine)! He looked great in his suit and said that he felt really good about it. I am so proud of him! South should have all of his stuff by Monday so hopefully he will get an interview there soon!!! Pray that he gets in this year and he/we don't have to go through another year of waiting!

Have a wonderful weekend!! LOVE YOU ALL!

OH and HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY TRENT!!

1 comment:

Erica said...

Wow you have a had a busy week! Im glad you are done with comps and Im sure you did a great job! I cant believe your going to be teaching children soon, that is just crazy! SOme interesting names you got there! LOL! Well we cant wait too see you either next weekend and be excited you get to babysit! He is a good baby so there is nothing to worry about! Love you!