June 08, 2009

I hate putting a title!

So...what's been going on with me?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I'm in the process of a job search, which is not really going well at all! I had an interview with Hoover City School's last Thursday and the interview went great! But, I talked to the Director of Human Resources yesterday and she said that due to proration and filling in positions with reading coaches and math coaches, etc. they only have TWO spots available for hire! UGH! I have probably applied to over 50 teaching positions and have not heard back from one! They keep saying that they are filling in available spots with people that work in the schools that did not work in the classroom (reading coach, math coach, technology person, all those kinds of people) because their jobs are being cut back. I have also applied for teachers aide positions and many other things to work my way into the school systems, so hopefully something will come about! Sorry for rambling! I know I will want to be sitting at home once I finally do get a job, but I am bored out of my mind...and I need some form of income! ugh.

Today, however, I got an email from some Human Resources Director from Birmingham saying that he really liked my resume and wants to interview me for a head preschool teaching position. I emailed him back for more information and haven't heard back yet, but I will keep y'all posted!

Still house hunting as well...Lakeshore Ridge is making us pay rent for July because we only gave them a 25 day notice instead of 30 days that we wouldn't be returning. Needless to say, I was pissed cause we were finally making progress and found a few places we liked! Oh well...

Going to the beach Wednesday-Sunday! Woohoo!!!

Oh...Trish, here is the recipe:

I made some DELICIOUS homemade crabcakes last night for dinner:

This makes 4 big crabcakes:

Ingredients:
-2 packs of lump crabmeat (I used the stuff where the tuna is in the grocery store)
-1/4 of a yellow onion
-1/4 cup of mayonnaise
-dash of cayenne pepper
-teaspoon garlic salt
-1 egg
-1 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs (regular)
-dash of tony chaceries (spelling?)
-1 teaspoon lemon juice
-4 tbsp. butter
-1 stick of celery (very small bit, I had the baby celery at home)

I thinks that's everything...haha.

Alright, what you're gonna do is chop the onion very finely or grade it into the bowl. Then you're going to add in the celery chopped very finely. Add in the cayenne pepper, garlic salt, tony's, lemon juice, and mayo, and crabmeat. Mix it up good. Then add about 3/4 cup of breadcrumbs into the mix and 1 egg. Mix it up really really good! Divide into 4 crabcakes (about the size of a hamburger patty). Put the rest of the breadcrumbs on a plate and roll the crab cake patties in the breadcrumbs and cover them really good. Melt the butter in a skillet and put the crabcakes in! Fry them till they are golden brown on either side...DELISH!

I also mixed 1/4 cup of mayo, 1 1/2 tabespoons of spicy brown mustard, a squirt of hot sauce and it made a really yummy dipping sauce for them.

I wish I would have taken a picture...but, I didn't! :)

ENJOY AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU MAKE THEM!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good luck with the job search! I wish you were a preschool teacher here. Charlotte is off to her first preschool/day care thingy ever this fall and I am nervous. Though she already has her school bag packed. She can't wait! Hope you are well!