March 20, 2009

School...houses...jobs...BLAH

Well...I am about 90% sure I will most likely be staying in Birmingham after graduation. I'm disappointed that I don't get to move back, but it's probably for the best. Many of the Birmingham schools are still hiring and Mobile seems to have nothing! South's Medschool is being stupid and didn't even give Thame an interview, so USASOM is out of the question for this year...but he still has a chance with UAB. I just feel like I am supposed to be in Birmingham right now...and I am okay with it...I will get back to Mobile eventually!!!

I'm currently hunting for a new place to live and it is very frustrating!!! This place is just too expensive for us right now and we need something cheaper! I really want somewhere with hardwood floors! This whole carpet and yorkie thing aren't meshing well! I'm really interested in a townhome, but they are all in bad locations or way old! ugh! Anyway....hopefully I will be able to find something soon...my lease runs up May 31.

I'm also trying to find a job for this summer...and fall of course! I'm applying to a job at the Birmingham Zoo! They are looking for teachers for their summer camp program and I really hope I get it...it seems like it would be a fun experience! I have my interview day with the Jefferson County Board of Ed. on April 1st (Thame's bday, by the way!) and hopefully they will like me!! It's an all day thing...I get to pick who I want to interview with...they have to give me an interview...they are like 15 min long and then if they like me they will ask me back the next day for a more thorough interview! I really hope I am able to find a job! It would take such a load off...

Spring break is almost over and it has been WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These next few weeks, however, are going to be insane. I have to babysit everyday for the next 3 weeks, student teach all day, complete my assignments, find a job, find a new place to live, and survive! BUT, only 50 days till graduation!!!!


How is everyone's bracket doing??? Thame has gotten me hooked in March madness! I'm not doing soooo bad...I have 170 points. Western Kentucky killed me!!! And...Tennessee just lost :(

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm doing awful in my bracket. ugh...

What an exciting time for you. Best of luck in finding a house and 2 jobs! Same to Thame with med school. I remember when John was waitlisted for med school. He eventually got in, but it was a stressful time for us. Hang in there!